Thursday, March 4, 2010

I am 25 years old


I woke up around 4 today to about 15 missed calls from Julia. She was trying to make sure I would be awake and ready in time for my birthday dinner with my mom. My mom got me a bunch of gift certificates to my favorite restaurants. After that, Julia and I went back to the apartment and watched T.V. for a while. It wasn't a particularly eventful birthday, but I was just so thankful that I got to spend it with Julia, and not on tour. When Julia went to bed, Eric and Roe came over for a while, then we went to Mike's. We watched Tim and Eric and left after like 2 hours. This day flew by.

I can't believe that 10 years ago I was just turning 15. 14 to 19 were probably the most important years of my life, and I always reminisce about them. It's just really hitting me hard that all this time has passed since then. I am not close with many of the same people that I was close to back then, and that makes me sad. Although, I am close with some of them, which I am grateful for. I don't want to make this very long because I don't feel like getting into an emotional rant about missing my past. Celtic Pride is on right now and Julia is about to wake up.

I guess that all I can say is that things aren't so bad, I just miss the way they used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment