Sunday, May 3, 2009

Down here in The Shadowlands...



Today I woke up around 5pm. I woke up from my Mom putting a package I got in the mail in my room. It was the package that Tanya from South Carolina sent me. She works at Hot Topic down there and got me a couple shirts. I asked her how much I owed her and she said "I'm sure we can work out a trade or something". That was very nice of her. I'm wearing one of the shirts she got me in the picture above. Here are some better pictures:

Front:


Back:


and last but not least:



I love getting new clothes.

I also did my nails today:



I think this is the first time in almost 6 months that I've had nail polish on...weird. Also, as you can see, I need to get my eyebrows done BADLY, and I need to trim my hair...I hate all the maintenance that goes along with being a human being.

My mom offered to buy me pants today. I am beyond excited about that, I just hope I can find some good ones online. Any suggestions? (Jason, I'm looking in your direction)

My mom ALSO bought me a veggie pocket today and we watched "The Strangers". I thought it was great, apparently it's based on a true story...yikes.

I'm not as depressed as I was last night, so that's good. I think that typing up that huge entry helped get certain things off my mind. Tonight, Eric and I went to Mike's and I finished bass on "The Shadowlands". We also added a few more layers of ambiance. I am really excited about this song. I can't wait to do vocals. I have the verses done, but I need a melody and lyrics for the chorus. I don't think this is going to be a very "chorus-driven" song, but that could very well change seeing as I don't have it written yet. I really like the verses though. I always get so nervous when I write stuff because I'm so paranoid about it being too influenced by one thing or another. I'm also always worried that the melodies that I write are from another song, and that I won't realize until it's too late and the song is recorded. Every musician I know worries about these things though.

Tomorrow, well today technically, Julia comes back from watching her boss' dogs. I can't wait to see her. Even after just a few days, I really miss seeing her. I hope we do something fun like go to Borderland or something. I also can't wait to record again. Every time I leave Mike's it's because he's too tired to continue recording until the next day. I'm not complaining by any means, I'm just saying that because if it were entirely up to me, I would never leave. I would record and brainstorm until I passed out. I love recording so much. That's easily my favorite part of being in a band. I sit in my room, come up with song ideas, and then watch it all come together in the studio. I like recording with Mike especially because he gets the absolute best takes out of you. He makes it sound real AND perfect. I must have played the same bassline 100 times in a row tonight, but I know that once I nail it, it's definitely a keeper because Mike won't settle for anything but perfection. Listening to the song it sounds like I'm some great guitar player/musician, but I'm not. It took me a million tries to get it that good. I guess that's what recording is all about though, bringing out the absolute best in you. I could never do any of that live though, no way.

I wish I was tired, but I'm not. I should at least try and go to sleep. Goodnight...or day, whatever.

2 comments:

  1. Shit, dude, that Misfits shirt is fucking rad!

    Pants, pants, pants. Angry, Young, and Poor's got some good stuff. Hot Topic's always got some good shit on clearance, you just gotta luck-out and find your size. They also carry quite a bit of Social Collison, and while it's not a clearance item, it's definitely reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuck i love that striped shirt!

    ReplyDelete