Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hair



This is a question that I answered earlier from the Energy Formspring:

Tank, you said in your last blog post that you stopped washing your hair. I have been wanting to do this, but every time I don't wash my hair for a couple days it gets real itchy. Did this happen to you?

That used to happen when I'd go a day or 2 without showering, but that's because there was no water touching my head. The reason it gets itchy is because your scalp is dry from all the shampoo stripping it of moisture, and there is a lot of dirt build up. What you need to do is wash your hair with warm water in the shower and vigorously rub and scratch your scalp. It will disperse all of the natural oils into your skin, while at the same time breaking up all the dirt build up. I stopped shampooing and conditioning, but I obviously wash my hair with water in the shower. I am thoroughly intrigued by this idea, and Thursday will mark 1 month of shampoo/conditioner free hair for me, and my hair has never looked/felt better... so I'm excited to speak on this topic. If you have any other questions about this, let me know.

- Tank

1 comment:

  1. The Pain of Human Connection.Thursday, July 01, 2010 10:56:00 PM

    Very interesting. I'm with you on this one, considering I have dreadlocks.

    ReplyDelete