Saturday, December 6, 2008

December 6th - Steenwijk, Netherlands @ De Buze

We played our set after an extremely long and confusing sound check, during which Conor unneccesarilly/maliciously mocked the sound guy for making an innocent joke about the mic not working, I wasn't sure if it was Conor or someone else in the room so I didn't say anything to Conor, but later found out from dan and joe that yes he in fact was that rude and mean. After our set these 2 people were begging us to play Astro Zombies, I noticed Conor was getting offstage and that Dan was picking up his bass, I then asked Conor "you don't want to do Astro Zombies?" he responds with "absolutely not, were the opening band you don't do an encore" I said he was being a baby and that one member can't just sit out a performance because of whatever reason, if the band plays one more song, then everyone in the band plays one more song, he didn't say anything he just walked away, avoiding it. So we gave the crowd what they wanted, 1 more misfits song, and they loved it. We still had 7 minutes left in our set after that too so judging by definition, that wasn't an encore, we didn't disappear, then come back and theatrically pick our instruments back up, we didn't play longer than time allowed for, we simply finished our set and 2 people up front wanted to hear Astro Zombies so we did. Maybe I'm crazy, but when a band is in the position that were in, and no one likes us, I think that when the crowd actually wants something specifically from US, we damn well better deliver it. 

But apparently that type of crowd satisfaction is far below him. Also Joe and Dan said that backstage when I wasn't there, someone who was making dinner started politely asking Conor something about dinner, in a language other than English, Conor cut him off rudely without even making eye contact screaming "RONALDO, RONALDO" as if demanding that his time not be wasted by this person trying to prepare him food. It was one of the rudest things I had ever heard, and I wasn't even in the room, I was just relayed the story.

After the show we walked around a nice area, didn't shower because Keith said the water pressure was terrible. Got Skittles for the first time while we've been here, because the Skittles in Europe don't use gelatin. The houses in this town were close to the street and really nice. It was awkward walking around because when you were on the sidewalk you were only a few feet from people eating dinner. It was just something I'm not used to seeing. 

Some guy called Choke a "faggot hairdresser" and he just laughed it off. Mark seemed really pissed because the guy heckled them throughout their whole set, Mark then asked me what happened with me and Conor because their roadie Josh had seen us arguing so I briefly explained it to him. We just chit chatted until Dan came in and told me I was being accused once again for not helping load out, when in fact, no one had started loading out yet. I hate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment