Thursday, August 27, 2009



My entries are basically divided between 2 days because that's how my sleeping pattern is. "Today" (08-26/08-27) I woke up, picked up Julia from her work, and went to Framingham where we got our tickets for the midnight screening of Halloween 2 tonight:



I can't wait.

After that we came home and I fell asleep until 2 am. I went to Mike's around 3 and just hung out there until 7ish. Not a very eventful day. I hope today is.

I leave for tour September 21st which is less than a month away. I think that means 3 weeks without Julia, then she's flying out and meeting up with us for the last week, then we're going out for one more week. 5 weeks total. I don't really care though because in my mind it's only 3 that I really have to make it through without Julia. I am looking forward to seeing how this tour goes because it's with 2 bands that aren't hardcore bands, and that always makes me happy because well, we aren't really a "hardcore" band. I'm not going to bore you and/or myself though with another rant about that. I'm just happy that it's going to be one of the FEW tours that we've ever done that I don't feel was a complete waste of time.

As always, I'm looking forward to the shows, but am dreading the hours and hours of nothing that take up the other 23 and a half hours of every day spent on tour. At least I won't have to listen to a million shitty hardcore bands that sound exactly the same this time. I'll probably just have to sit through a million bands of a different genre that are terrible though. At least it won't be terrible hardcore bands though, because I can't think of anything worse than a mediocre hardcore band. Like I've said before, mediocre is the new terrible.

We have a few photo shoots lined up during this tour which I'm excited about because I love that kind of stuff. Not to mention the fact that there isn't one single promo picture of the current Energy line up.

I need to learn how to sew A.S.A.P. so I don't have to worry about my pants ripping constantly and being stuck thousands of miles away from home without a way to fix them.

2 pictures I found today:

I think I posted this one on here before, but it's a good one and I like showing it to people as often as I can:



That's me when I was about 15, a lot skinnier, and not allergic to hair dye.



And that's a cartoon of me that I made a while ago. I think it's funny because it really does look exactly like me.

I don't know what else to write right now. Joe and I are slowly but surely working on new Energy material, and Mike and I have been recording the Children Of The Night s/t full length almost every night, so that's what I've been up to musically. I also made a new last.fm account because my old one was incredibly inaccurate. Some of the bands in my top 10 hadn't been listened to in over a year, yet remained in their positions. Whatever, here's my new address:


I think I'm done with this entry now.

No comments:

Post a Comment