Thursday, February 4, 2010

At Mike's, 3 hours into consciousness

I feel like a lot of my entries are starting with this but...I haven't updated this in a while. I think I might start updating more once Julia gets her computer Friday. I just woke up a couple of hours ago, which I'm not too happy about because I'm trying to stay on somewhat of a nocturnal sleeping pattern and this is almost the complete opposite of that. I'm in the mood to be really productive today, but I have a feeling that I won't be able to because Mike will be asleep all day, and I'll have no way to work on new music. I guess I could always try to write lyrics for one of the new songs we've been working on, but I know that probably won't happen. What I'll probably end up doing is wasting time on the internet all day, and not get anything accomplished.

In case you don't know, I started a Misfits, Samhain, and Danzig tribute blog out of boredom: http://BlogAmongUs.blogspot.com I'm considering getting http://www.BlogAmongUs.com but that's 10 dollars that I should be spending on plenty of other things. I wouldn't(and probably couldn't) do this with/for any other band or musician, but I've been obsessed with those 3 bands for well over a decade now, and I just thought it would be fun to do.

Right now I'm just killing time while Mike edits and continues to try to figure out ProTools. We're just finishing our fourth song vocally for the Children Of The Night full length. That's 4 songs out of 13. I really wish recording didn't take so long. I go to his house almost every single night and chip away at it, but it's just not enough. If I just had a car during the day, we could both shift our sleeping patterns from being nocturnal, to sleeping all night, and recording all day, which would probably give us another 5 to 6 hours of productivity a day. But, since I have NO income, I just flat out can't contribute whatsoever to the cost of gas.

I posted a link to the very first Energy demo that we recorded in March of 2006 today and to my surprise, over 100 people downloaded it. I'll post it here now for anyone that missed it:

The lineup for this demo was:

Tank - Vocals
Mikey D. - Guitar
Rob Spearin - Guitar
Conor O'Brien - Bass
Burton Wright - Drums

01. Lost And Found
02. Cyanide
Download

No comments:

Post a Comment