Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Julia!


Today is Julia's birthday. I haven't gone to bed yet, but I think at this point I might as well stay awake until she wakes up so I can wish her a happy birthday before she goes to work.

The other night we played our first show in almost 3 months in Providence, RI with Four Year Strong. It was also our first show with Mike. I though we did pretty good other than a few minor things here and there. We also got to debut a brand new song called "Walk Into The Fire":

Mike fixed up the audio and made an mp3 of it that sounds significantly better than the audio in the video. You can download that by clicking HERE.

Here are the lyrics:

Energy - Walk Into The Fire

Do you ever feel diseased?
Believing in a liar?
Get up off your hands and knees
And walk into the fire

See you sinking like a stone
Hold your head up higher
You will reap what you have sown
Walk into the fire

This is how you find the way
Turn the night into the day
This is how you find the way
Turn the night into the day

Walk into the firelight
Through the darkness burning bright

When your truth is only lies
And evil your desire
Will you choose your own demise
Or walk into the fire?

Everyone you've ever known
Is walking on a wire
Can you make it on your own?
Walk into the fire

This is how you find the way
Turn the night into the day
This is how you find the way
Turn the night into the day

Walk into the firelight
Through the darkness burning bright


I can't wait to actually have this song, and others recorded and released on an album. Now that Mike is in the band, we are just on a whole other level of songwriting. Mike pushes me to my limit and makes me the best musician I am capable of being, and he himself is capable of writing some of the best songs I've ever heard, never mind sang on. There is just something special about what happens when Mike and I get together and create music. I can't even put it into words. People don't even know what's in store. Everything Energy has done in the past is nothing compared to what's ahead. I'm not putting down my previous accomplishments, but this is something completely new. If we got as far as we did WITHOUT him, I can't even begin to imagine where introducing his talent into the group will take us.

I just wish we could be a little more efficient with writing. We both have all the time in the world, but can't seem to churn out songs fast enough. One thing that would help a LOT would be if I had a car during the day and could make it over to his house while everyone else is busy, that way we could actually get some serious hours in dedicated to writing and creating. Most nights, there are at least 1 to 3 other people there, which makes it very difficult to write and/or get things done.

Now that we have a computer set up in the apartment, it's a lot easier to get stuff done online, so hopefully that means I'll update more often. I love having this apartment and I love having it with Julia. I know that I am a very, VERY lucky person, for many reasons, it's just that sometimes I forget how much worse my situation could be, and every once in a while I need to remind myself that I have almost everything I want in life, and to take a step back and appreciate it.

I love being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment