Thursday, January 2, 2020

First entry

I’m typing out my first blog entry in quite some time. Years probably.

Leave it to Henry Rollins to inspire me to start again. I was ripping his spoken word album release of “Black Coffee Blues” that my friend Nadeen purchased for me to FLAC and uploading it to my phone when I decided to click one of the tracks. Chris Haskett’s guitar work matches the tone of Henry’s words perfectly. Quite the appropriate score given the material. So here I am typing now...

Writing has always been something I’ve been interested in whether it be the random creative type of writing I did as a child (some of which I found recently), journal entries throughout the years, lyrics, etc, I’ve always felt compelled to write. 

I’m not saying that I’ll be doing this every day, but that’s what I’m telling myself to aim for. I hope that by forcing myself to write again, it will get me out of this rut that I feel like I’ve been digging myself out of for a while now.

My life is very good right now. I haven’t been this content with my living situation since 2012 probably. That’s actually when I stopped blogging before so perhaps it’s my current stable living environment combined with my support system of loving people, and my ongoing quest to be content in my own mind that has me in this frame of mind again. Either way, this is another new beginning for me. 

When the invasion comes again, I’ll be ready. I will not allow it to leave as much damage as it has in the past. Over time I am beginning to understand that everything passes. It’s a new decade now. I’ve made so many mistakes over the past ten years, but I’ve had my proudest accomplishments as well. I’m actually enjoying getting a little bit older. Aside from my myriad of physical ailments that are just getting worse the older I get.

My back has been absolutely terrible. It was getting better for a bit there while I was going to physical therapy, but I’ve had some of the worst constant pain I’ve ever had in a muscle this past week to the point where I’m legitimately surprised that I had the energy for this. I’ve been having to take multiple hour long naps every day just because the pain is too much. 

I plan on calling my doctor either tomorrow or Monday.

I’m done talking for right now because now I’m thinking about my back pain. 

Talk with you again soon.

Photo by Tiffany Moon on New Year’s Eve, 2019. 

~ TALK HARD

No comments:

Post a Comment