Sunday, August 26, 2007

Aug. 26th, 2007 at 2:29 AM

In the middle of a long drive. 7 hours? 12 hours? I don't even know. My mind is numb from touring. I'm glad though. It gets my thoughts away from any possible drama that life could bring me. Its hard to explain but the more I'm away the less everyone who I'm an acquaintence with matters to me. I just realize more and more that I have nothing in common with anyone. 

"Hey blah blah blah about this band, blah blah blah about your band" that's the extent to which I can have a conversation with anyone. Whatever. They don't care. I don't care. 

Were driving down a long unlit road, its pretty creepy.

The Art Of Drowning is playing. It always brings me back to 2000-2001. Emotions are strange. I like bringing back old memories that make me sad about wanting the past back, its strange. Its strange in the same sense that I like going into the woods at 3 am and scaring the shit out of myself though.

They found a huge hole in the universe, pretty wild stuff:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070824/ap_on_sc/universe_hole

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry. Any time you think you're hungry, shut up. I always lose weight when I'm out on tour. It sucks.

The shows have been going well, further proving that the more you play and come back to certain areas, the more people will get into you.

I see a lot of shitty bands. And I can't stress A LOT enough. I have seen hundreds of terrible bands with no soul or passion behind their music and a lot of those bands go the whole 9 yards and get a van and tour like crazy. Its embarassing. No one ever gets into them because most people subconsciously recognize sincerity in music, and they know that these bands are only in it to be in a band. All these bands that are so hell-bent on self promotion and DIY and such that get NO WHERE need to stop. If you just wrote better songs you wouldn't have to go through all of that. Did you ever take the time and think that maybe JUST MAYBE, you aren't a good songwriter and that the world of music might be a better place without you?
You like "the scene" and music and stuff? Cool. Go set up some shows in your area, start a zine, put out a record by a friends band who might actually be worth listening to. Because when you decide that you want to tour to promote your shitty band, it just takes away from hard working bands that are on the same bill as you, and they end up not getting their "guarantees" and go way hungrier than they should.

Just because you like music doesn't mean that you're a musician. FUCK YOU.

But anyways.....

I hate driving it makes me so crazy.

I can't wait to move into the new apartment when I get back. Ill have to get a job finally to help out with bills. I just hope ill be able to save like 20 dollars a week and start to finish my sleeve. Because I NEED to finish it so bad. If I thought that when I got a job finally I wouldn't be able to save ANY money towards tattoos, I wouldn't have gotten started on my other arm. I would have added more color to my left arm.

Blah blah blah you don't care. Is you actually anyone? I don't know. 

I don't feel like typing in this anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment