Saturday, August 4, 2007

Aug. 4th, 2007

Last night's show was really cool. I'm glad that so many people came out, it's just a shame that shows aren't like that all the time. That used to be a normal turnout, but this time is surprised everyone(including myself) and it shouldn't be that way. It takes a friends band breaking up for something like that to happen :(

Our set went really well(aside from being the least tight band in current music that is)
Kids I've never seen before were singing along to all the songs(even the new ones!) which really excited me. I'm glad people aren't abandoning us because of our change of sound, it was inevitable. Every band should try and explore new ground with every release. I firmly stand by that, because if you release the same album more than once, it's just a re-hashed version of what you already did and it's not very exciting. 

I'm also REALLY happy to see that certain people aren't holding grudges towards us because of past member differences/mutual friendships etc.

I'm listening to the new Blaqk Audio cd "CexCells" it's really good(so far-my computer is so slow downloading things)

We're playing a show in Haverhill with COA and The Carrier today. should be fun.

I haven't been exercising AT ALL this past week. No running, no lifting, no sit-ups/pushups etc. I plan on getting back on top of all that starting tonight after I get back from the show.

Can't wait to spend all day tomorrow with Julia, I've only hung out with her once since Energy got back from tour, and we go back out pretty soon too, so I'd like to have as much time as I can to spend with her as possible.

I can't wait for our new record to just be written and recorded and released...not that I don't like playing our EP songs because, I've started to come around again on them in the aspect that they are our older songs(even though they're the majority of our set) I find comfort in knowing that they are old and that it's not a proper representation of what we all want to be doing right now, BUT at the same time they are good songs representing a certain time and place in our lives. I know that some people will not like our newer stuff but that's ok with me. As long as we like it.

Well I have to go finish getting ready for the show.

Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment