Thursday, March 12, 2009

Benny Binoculars



Today was pretty good, I woke up and went to Grasshopper, yes again, with Julia and Eric. Today was the first time that they guessed our orders, so I guess that makes us regulars. Afterward, I dropped Julia off at home and Eric and I went to Mike's house. Sean was over and I started recording some vocals for his song. It took me forever just to do one line, as usual, and it didn't even get finished. We just sat around at Mike's from 11 or so until 4:30 am, uneventful, but a good night.

Trent Reznor posted this on his Twitter today: "You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable? Heard Chris Cornell's record? Jesus."

I burst into laughter the second I read that. It must be awesome to be that famous and have your hilariously vicious opinions be heard by thousands, if not millions, but in this case thousands.

Owen Black IM'd me a few hours ago. He told me that he is taking singing lessons right now and that he reads my blog from time to time. I told him that I am considering taking lessons as well. We talked for a bit about music and exchanged phone numbers because he said that he's going to try to make it out to our Poughkeepsie show on Monday.

I really am considering taking lessons because today at Mike's I had minimal to zero control of my voice and it actually made me feel bad about myself. On the other hand though, there is something really satisfying about the fact that I am "self-taught" or whatever, even though I learned a lot from Mike, so I'm technically not self taught. As you can see I'm still trying to decide, but the only thing keeping me from doing it is the fact that I won't be able to say "I've never taken singing lessons" ever again. That and money. The first one isn't a good reason at all though, it only means that I'm holding myself back from reaching my full potential just so that I can say I did it on my own. Whatever, chances are I'll never get around to it, I'd like to though.

I got my package from Machete on Tuesday, it included my black vest(which fits perfectly), 2 Operation Ivy patches(they sent me an extra so I gave one to Eric), a handful of pins, and a grab bag that had a Ramones pin and patch, a U.S. Bombs wristband, a Day Of Contempt patch, and a Throwdown sticker. I will only be using the Ramones stuff from the grab bag. I found my Samhain shirt and cut it up for the back of the vest, which my Mom is going to sew for me (yes I know, how punk rock). I have to remember to mail out this Guns Up 7 inch that I sold on ebay.

In a little less than an hour I'll be heading to Julia's to pick her up, drive her brother and sister to school, and drop myself off at my house so that she can drive to work.

Oh and Joe sent me a song today that he labeled "I'm so fucking thirsty". He said it is the worst out of all the songs he has towards our new album. I disagree, I can think of a few of the songs he's done to which I'd prefer this one. I think it's actually really good.

I'm going to watch The Simpsons now.

2 comments: