Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Monday & Tuesday

Monday:

I don't think I even walked outside once. Not much to write about.

Tuesday:

Today I woke up around 7 and drove Julia to work. I watched "Almost Famous" for the first time when I got back. I liked it, but I think I should watch it again before giving it a real review.

At 1:00pm, I went to the dentist and finished my first root canal. They also started in on the second one.


It took over 2 hours, but at least my teeth don't hurt anymore. After that I went to Sinai to pick up the title to Julia's new car from Deb. Later on I picked up Julia from work and had Town Spa for dinner. That's pretty much everything that I did today.


I've been looking into how much money it would cost if I were to press Energy's "Punch The Clock" to vinyl and it's very expensive. The only way I could even turn an eventual profit would be to press at least 300 copies. If I were to press 200 on black and 100 on color, it would cost me over $750...and that doesn't include printing the layout. Overall, this project would probably cost me around $1,000.

I started putting together a Kickstarter for this project, but I'm not sure how much money I should set my goal at. I can contribute a little bit of money, but not a lot...so I'm thinking of setting a goal of around $700. I can't imagine that we'd be able to create enough interest in this project to generate that kind of money...but I've seen some shitty project ideas reach similar goals, so who knows.

I can't even count how many times people have asked me at Energy shows over the years if we have "Punch The Clock" for sale...and every single time I have to disappoint them and tell them that only 1,000 CDs were pressed, and those have been out of print since 2007. Every time the E.P. is mentioned online, everyone keeps telling us to press it to vinyl. These are the reasons why I think I will be successful in making my money back. I just need to actually get the money to press them in the first place.

I don't know if anyone even reads this blog, but if you do: What are your thoughts on this idea?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jason. Your blog is different. Simple, short and to the point. I like it and wish I could be more like you. just telling people what I did today. That would be fun. I don't do a lot of interesting or homey things like some of the blog people I follow, so I've been afraid to say...hey this is what I did today. So I find things to write about. Your picture looks so much like the early 90's Geoff Tate!! So I thought I'd tell you that! And you should write more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...I'm back. Didn't go far enough back to realize you're a musician and mostly post on Tumbler. Hope to not have offended you about the Geoff Tate comment. From me, it was actually a compliment since he used to be my all time favorite singer. Feel free to visit my blog... lifeinhishand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's ok haha. Sorry for the late response. No, I'm not offended, I just literally didn't see this until now. Thanks for the kind words :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete