Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday

After less than 24 hours, I'm already not so sure about using "Squarespace" as my primary blog. I already have all these backdated entries on here, plus the iPhone app for Blogger is just as easy to use as the Squarespace one is. I think I might just start posting here as often as I can again. I considered maybe making blog notes on Facebook every day, but I feel that will just annoy everyone. I also considered using Tumblr because it seems to be the site that everyone uses, but I always feel that it gets completely overlooked when people make text/blog updates on there. Lately I have been thinking a lot about keeping track of my life, even if it is extremely uneventful. I want to be able to look back on a specific year of my life and remember tiny details about everything that I did. So...here's what I did today:

I woke up, took a shower, then picked up Eric. We went to Newbury Comics for a bit, then I dropped him off at Al's. A few hours later I went to the dentist. The root canal wasn't too bad, it was just gross. I go back in one week to have it finished, and then I have two more teeth that need root canals...not to mention like a dozen that need fillings. Right now I have a fake little cap thing where my front tooth should be and I can't bite down on anything really. I swear I will never neglect my teeth again.

Right now I'm waiting for Julia to come home from work and trying to think of what I can get at the store that won't be too hard for me to chew.

I really need to get a job. The last time Energy toured was late 2009...I haven't really had a valid excuse for being unemployed for QUITE some time now. I just can't stand the thought of working at some job that I hate every day for the rest of my life. I wouldn't mind working at Newbury Comics. Working at a record store has always been something that I wanted to do since I was a teenager. Of course watching "High Fidelity" once a week for the past few months probably has something to do with it. I would rather make less than 10 dollars an hour working at a record store than be making twice that amount working some shitty job that I hate. I've actually applied at both of the closest Newbury Comics' locations, but they both said they weren't hiring. I guess I'll just have to wait on that and hope for the best. I also wouldn't mind being a delivery driver for some pizza/food place. I applied at some place in Easton a few months ago and they even had me in for an interview...but I never heard back from them.

I just have no idea what I'm going to do with my life. I always thought I'd be a career musician, but it's becoming more and more apparent that not only is that not very likely, but I'm not even so sure that I even WANT to give it another run. I am a much happier person now that I am home all the time. I just want to continue writing, recording, and playing out live occasionally because I enjoy that aspect of being in a band.

I think I'm going to head out to the store right now to find something that I can eat. I'll probably just end up buying soy milk. I REALLY hate being such a picky eater.

No comments:

Post a Comment