Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First Update of 2012

Taken from my "Squarespace" update late last night/early this morning:

After spending the last few days archiving photos, locations, journal entries, etc. on Facebook, I've decided to start blogging again. I am choosing "Squarespace" for now because of Penn Jillette's ads during his "Penn Point" videos.

Today I woke up feeling pretty sick. I'm pretty sure that I either caught a cold from Mike or my Dad. I never get too concerned with head colds though. They just come, make life less comfortable for a while, then go. Nothing too bad.

I spent most of the first half of my day taking photos of old photos with my iPhone. Like I said, I've been archiving a lot of my life on Facebook lately and the two most important things to archive are old photos and locations across the country (and world) that I've travelled to. Last night Conor and I mentally retraced our steps through a couple of old tours through text messaging. I think we did a pretty good job...and of course by "we" I mean "he". I know that I'm definitely annoying a lot I people by flooding their news feeds with all of these updates, but in my mind doing this is far more important than possibly interacting with a bunch of people that I never see in real life anyway. I hope to eventually have at least one photo from every year of my life, and as many tour dates as possible.

Julia came home around 5:30/6:00 and did her taxes. Apparently since we're married now, she will be receiving quite a bit of extra money this year because I am unemployed. At least there's one way she's benefiting from my laziness. After her taxes were all figured out and completed, we headed to Rite Aid to pick up my prescription of Vitamin D that the doctor filled out for me last week. However, when we got there, we realized that the pills were in gel caps...so they weren't vegan. We ended up not filling the prescription and deciding that I'll just take a lower dosage of the over the counter ones that are vegan. I won't be able to start taking them until Wednesday though because we don't have any money until Julia gets paid. Oh well, we probably wouldn't have been able to afford the prescription even if it was vegan.

Later on I read about 25 pages of Steve Jobs' biography. This is the most that I've read in a while. I read. Lot online, but I hardly ever read books these days. I guess it just takes something that really interests me to keep me focused. I hope to continue reading a lot more, but we'll see.

I'm going to wrap this entry up now because I want to make sure that I get a good night of sleep for my root canal later today. I've never had one done before and I'm hoping it's not as horrible as it sounds. While I know that it won't be the most pleasant thing I've ever experienced...at least I'm not dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment