Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 12: 10-02-09 @ Mission Lounge - Mission, KS


day we slept late because we stayed right up the street from the show. Once we got to the show I did my make up in the van, walked outside, and immediately ran into the promoter who had all of our new merch. The new shirts came out really well, the hoodies came out alright. The smalls and mediums look good, but once the sizes start getting bigger than that, the print looks too small. I'd say that even though it wasn't perfect, this was our most successful merch order in a long time.

Before the show we walked around the area for a bit. I remember playing some sort of bookstore here on a previous tour. C was with us so it must have been the headlining tour we did prior to the H2O/BANE/Cruel Hand tour a year ago. I can't believe it's already been a year since then. We went into the same Urban Outfitters store that we went into last time, then into a comic book store where I found some comics published by Danzig's comic book company called "Verotik". I don't know much about it, but it appears to be issues #2 and 3 of the "Devilman" series. The copywriter dates are 1995 and 1996. I got them for 2 dollars each.


The show tonight went pretty well. I thought we played good, and I managed to convince the sound guy to actually have me at a reasonable volume in my monitor. We played "Pet Semetary" and to my surprise, some people knew it. After we played I went downstairs and ate some pizza. A few minutes later everyone else came down and was pissed because apparently the opening band ate a bunch of our food. We sold 85 dollars in merch tonight.






 










No comments:

Post a Comment