Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 22: 10-12-09 @ Cobalt Cafe - Canoga Park, CA

We woke up at Joe's house again, hung around for a bit, and headed to the show. We played this place with Defeater earlier this year and I remember everyone leaving after Defeater played. We walked around the area trying to kill time before we played so we went to the mall for a bit. Leslie and Carly came to the show and brought cupcakes for everyone as usual. I offered them free merch as a token of our appreciation, but they refused. I'm so glad that there are people out there who are genuinely nice and just want to support a band that they like. Thank you.
Our set went fairly well aside from poor performance on my end. Not too many people were singing along, but I felt as if we were well received. We sold 149 dollars in merch. Right before the last song (400), we covered Bad Religion's "Do What You Want" and had Robert sing it. I think we're going to do that from now until he leaves. It was really cool having Robert come on this tour with us, he proved to be one of, if not the best merch guy we've ever had.

After the show we hung around for a bit and everyone went to get food while I stayed outside in the van. I just didn't feel like being around a lot of people. After that we stayed with "The Sheds" at their parents' house. It was a tight squeeze, but I got to lay on a cushion for once, so it ended up being a pretty comfortable night's sleep.












No comments:

Post a Comment