Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 20: 10-10-09 @ Epicentre - San Diego, CA


I woke up today to everyone telling me that we got added to a show with BANE/Trash Talk in San Diego, so we drove 5 hours from Manny's house in Mesa, AZ to the show. On the way to the show I talked to Al on the phone for the first time in while. When I talked to him he seemed to be doing well, but he still has to spend another 4 months in the facility that he's in. Talking to him got me really depressed and made me start to think about all of the friends that I used to have, and how none of us hang out anymore. Regardless, it was nice talking to him, and I hope that I can see him soon because I miss him.

Once we got to the show we realized that there were still a few bands before us, so we went to a grocery store where I got milk and cookies. I hate the fact that I don't eat very healthy at all when I'm on tour. I feel like I need Julia here to tell me what to/not to eat. I'm like a 5 year old boy who would eat nothing but birthday party food if my mother didn't force me to do otherwise. Pizza, cake, cookies, and ice cream.

After the grocery store we went back to the show and played. Tonight was by far my best performance because I asked the sound guy to give me SOME reverb, when instead, he gave me A LOT of reverb. This is when I realized that my voice just sounds way better swimming in reverb. From now on when clubs actually have people doing sound, I'm going to tell them to give me a lot of reverb. Aside from my personal performance, I thought we did fairly well, even though there wasn't anyone singing along. Robert said that we sold 90 dollars in merch, which is better than I thought we'd do.

After our set I walked around the area for a few hours while talking to Matt on the phone. I guess I called at just the right time because him and Heather had just broken up. Between talking to Al and Matt, today turned out to be a pretty emotional day. After the show ended, we headed to Joe Harder's place, the "Chateau Harder" as they call it, and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment