Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 13: 10-03-09 @ Fat Daddy's Sound Shack - Denison, TX



After a 6 hour drive, we arrived at the venue. They had a lot of good food for us backstage including a fruit basket. I think that when promoters get us food, they should always include a good amount of fruit. That way everyone stays healthy. Joe and I tried to go for a walk, but it was raining and there wasn't anything interesting anywhere near the venue.







We had a good set tonight. I could hear myself very well in the monitors, which always helps me. Imagine a deaf person trying to sing, if you can't hear the sounds coming out of your mouth, you can't control how they sound. The stage was a little awkward because there was a little wooden area in front of the stage that created distance between us and the audience, but I think we did good regardless. We sold 116 dollars in merch tonight.

After our set Joe and I went to the store next to the venue and on our way out some kid said "y'all look gay" to me. I just said "was that supposed to be an insult?" and he responded "nah, I was just letting you know" and then he walked into the store. I didn't know you could "look gay". Joe thought the whole situation was hilarious. It doesn't bother me when people say things like that, it just makes me happy that I was born me and not them.

After we loaded out, almost everyone tried to go to Vinnie Paul's strip club, but got rejected. Joe, Keith, Soupy, and myself drove to the house we stayed at. We didn't get to sleep until around 5 am.
















No comments:

Post a Comment