Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 15: 10-05-09 Day off driving to San Antonio, TX

 Today we woke up and got pizza, stopped at a mall where I got a Sepultura shirt, and went to a Wal-Mart where I got the "Perfect Pushup". Listening to Rollins Band the other night really reminded me that I have to get back into shape. During our drive to San Antonio, Joe
discovered that A.F.I. ripped Energy off at the end of their song "OK, I feel better now". We got a good laugh from that.

Towards the end of the drive, Dan brought up something that Joe and I had been discussing for a while: Mike Rendini joining Energy on Keyboards, back up vocals, and most importantly, as a partner in songwriting. The pros outweigh the cons a million to one. Unfortunately Conor is the only person in the band that wasn't in the van when this was brought up, so we still have to talk to him about it. I hope that doesn't present a problem because having Mike join is the smartest decision we could make as a band, and deciding against it, would be the worst decision this band could ever make. Mike is the best musician any of us know, and could only make things better. I have been putting off bringing this up for a while now because I knew that if everyone rejected the idea, that we would never achieve what we are capable of, and I wasn't ready to face that reality yet. I just can't put it off any longer, he has to join.

Once we got to San Antonio, we had to wait for The Ataris' show to get out because that's where Conor was. I guess there were only like 25 people there. It's strange how a band can be so popular at one point, but then totally fall off like that. While we were waiting, Joe, Keith and I walked around the area trying to kill time. Once the show was over, we left and headed to Josh's house where it was air conditioned and comfortable. I'm so glad I'm inside this house, and not outside in the humidity.



No comments:

Post a Comment