Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mij's House



I'm sitting here at our first show of the tour, we are at some kid's house who owns the movie Dumb And DumberER. He then proceeded to tell us how much he likes that movie. Unbelievable. I'm pretty certain that here is no one here besides bands and the kid who lives here. It's not like I didn't expect it to be exactly like this, but every single time this happens, I can't help but think, "why am I here, instead of being happy back home with Julia?" If she was with me, it would still suck, but I couldn't complain. I would honestly just be laughing about it, and hanging out with her having the best time of my life. Every single second that I spend with her is somehow the happiest, most content moment of my life. I hate being the one in the group that always strays and hangs out by himself, but I really am only happy when I'm either with her, or by myself.

Joe says that this might be the worst show we've ever played because NO one gives a shit.some drunk girls just came up and asked me what I was doing in the van because they overheard me warming up, I humored them by not being a complete asshole and they left. Debaser is going on now. I hate playing shows that are this awkward because then its hard to even get into it when im playing. The show has to be over by 10;30 and its 10:04 right now and Debaser/BearTrap, or Energy haven't even started playing yet, so I assume we just won't be able to play tonight. That's fine by me. If I can't at least get into it without feeling stupid then its not worth it. I always want to be able to give 110 percent every time we play, but you feel very self conscious and foolish going all out to 5 kids and someones mom. Will from Buffalo booked a show a while back where we were the only band that played and it was in his apartment. The idea of the show was thought of, decided on, and announced the same day the show took place. There ended up being like 50 people in his apartment, and it was the single greatest basement/house show that I think we've ever played. This just proves that these kids don't try to promote. As soon as it was decided that the show in Buffalo was happening, Will made as many phone calls as he could, and posted on all the right messageboards, and reallly pulled through. Some people care, some people don't . Tonight, and that night in Buffalo New York, are proof of that.

Post show:

We played mostly Misfits songs, I Turned Into A Martian, Children In Heat, She, Last Caress, Hybrid Moments, and Astro Zombies. For Energy songs we played Hunter Red, Heaven, and 400. The show wasn't nearly as awkward as I anticipated, and the kid who set up the show referenced the song 1 Million Years B.C. by The Misfits, which I thought was cool that someone else besides me knew of that song. It still sucked though because we got paid practically nothing, I don't know the actual numbers, but it wasn't enough to pay gas, whatever. I'm sick of constantly getting screwed like that. We're at Mij's house in New Jersey right now, his dog wouldn't shut up at first, but he seems to have calmed down. My pants get stretched out after I play a set and it really aggravates me. We have to wake up at 8:30 AM to shower and rush out the door by 10. Doing my hair and getting myself looking good is becoming less and less of a priority, due to my lack of confidence as of late, but me wanting to straighten my hair every day is partly because it's far more comfortable throughout the day, so I have to try and keep up on that. It's too dark to take a good picture as I'm typing this, so I will leave you with a picture from the van from the ride to the show earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment